Western Sydney’s students can discover a life less ordinary at Open Day
Australian Catholic University (ACU) will showcase a range of new courses to complement existing popular degrees during Open Day at its Strathfield Campus on Saturday 13 September, from 8.30am to 4pm at 25A Barker Road, Strathfield.
Prospective students from Western Sydney and their families and friends will be able to explore the beautiful, historic campus, meet staff, students and graduates, and tour facilities such as the labs, library, and the successful McGlade Gallery.
Associate Vice-Chancellor Prof Marea Nicholson said Open Day was a wonderful chance for people to explore the university, and to discover the courses available and the community values that connect staff and students.
“We are looking forward to meeting prospective students and introducing them to life at ACU. The university is not just a place to learn but also to form new friendships and create lifelong experiences as part of the educational journey,” Prof Nicholson said.
“At the heart of the ACU experience is a sense of social justice that is woven throughout the coursework via the core curriculum, and in our involvement within the university community and beyond.”
As a result of ACU’s strong teaching record and close ties with industry partners, graduates have an excellent record of securing a job on completion of their studies. The Good Universities Guide 2015 recently awarded ACU four stars in the categories Getting a full-time job and Staff qualifications.
New courses available at the Strathfield Campus in 2015
- Bachelor of Social Work – four-year program
- Master of Educational Assessment
- Master of Paramedicine (online)
- Master of Rehabilitation (online, with residential school at North Sydney)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Simulation (online)
Activities & events
- Information sessions about new courses;
- Tours of the campus, library, psychology labs, and exercise and rehabilitation clinic;
- Free BBQ from 8am-10am and 11.30am-1.30pm;
- Sessions on international study opportunities;
- Visit the McGlade Gallery;
- Meet the staff at Yalbalinga Indigenous Unit and find out about social, cultural, personal and academic support;
- Information about accommodation, health, sport and wellbeing;
- Find out about ACU’s Early Achievers’ Program and Bonus Points Scheme;
- Meet the Strathfield Campus Student Association and find out about social activities and support;
- Meet the Office of Student Success – staff are on hand to talk about student advocacy services, the equity and disability unit, career advice, counselling services, and adapting to university life;
- Sessions for parents and friends;
- Entertainment and social media activities (#aculife).
- Enjoy a music festival in conjunction with Strathfield Rotary Club at the Strathfield Campus, which will include local school acts, ACU student acts and a live program of quality music.
For a full list of course offerings visit ACU coursesTo find out more about the ACU Open Day click here
Subscribe to E-News to be notified by email of the Latest Diocesan News
« Return to news list